An error occurred while collecting information about the source computer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Parallels User
  • Start date Start date
P

Parallels User

Please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else. Although the answer to my question would appear to be https://kb.parallels.com/113269 when I follow the link on the Parallels website, it takes me to an error page, as shown below:
  • With "An error occurred while collecting the information about the source computer" error message please follow the KB #5074.
So far I have tried, uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels Transport Agent (Windows and Mac), granting full disk control (Mac), disabling firewalls (Windows and Mac) ensuring I am admin (Windows) and ensuring drives are shared with everyone (Windows). I have also contacted Tech support, who told me to uninstall and reinstall Transport Agent. Although this was a solution I had previously attempted, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again with no success. Has anyone else encountered this? What worked for you? Is there another link to the solution I need?

Thank you for your help.
 
Hi Maria, thank you for responding. I sent the tech report from the PC I wanted to duplicate. I was able to work around the issue, but not able to copy my PC to VM. Instead of copying my PC to VM, I downloaded Windows from the Transport Agent and bought a new Windows license for the VM. Luckily, I was able to network the VM with the PC I wanted to copy. I am still setting up the VM, but I am hoping it continues to work.
 
Back
Top