Annoying break of 20-30 seconds when reloading a suspended VM

MAN

Bit poster
Hi,

If I reload a suspended Windows VM (doesnt matter if Win7-32, Win7-64 or WinXP-32), Parallels loads the first 60 per cent very fast, then takes a break of about 20 ot 30 seconds and then loads the remaining 40 per cent.

Does anybody here have an idea how I can get this solve problem ?

Thanxamillion for your hints.

Best
MAN
 
I have seen the same, but at the same time I also notice that my Mac is doing very high IO activity, mainly reading. So I believe what is happening is that the 1st 60% is reading certain configuration files, getting things setup and opening files. Then at the 60% mark it is reading the memory file back from disk and putting it in memory, and this can take a little bit of time depending on how much memory you have allocated to your VM.
This is my guess though, can't be 100% sure.
 
I have seen the same, but at the same time I also notice that my Mac is doing very high IO activity, mainly reading. So I believe what is happening is that the 1st 60% is reading certain configuration files, getting things setup and opening files. Then at the 60% mark it is reading the memory file back from disk and putting it in memory, and this can take a little bit of time depending on how much memory you have allocated to your VM.
This is my guess though, can't be 100% sure.

Thanks for your reply. That sounds feasable and probable.
During the last days keeping my eyes on the loads behaviour, I had quite a lot of fast 0-to-100-per-cent-loads and I guess these VMs had been loaded back straight from RAM because I did not made much other suff on the machine than loading and suspending these 2 VMs.

To the Parallels Support:
a.) Please comment these issue from your point of view.
b.) Are there VM configuration recommendations on "How-to quick-reload suspended VMs"

Thanks in advance.
MAN
 
Back
Top