Any word on when we might see VM support for Power PC and x68000 versions of Mac OS?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by John Wedgeworth, Jan 26, 2011.

1. John Wedgeworth

John Wedgeworth Bit poster

Hey guys,

I've still got some old OS9 apps/games that I'd like to use, plus, I'm just feeling nostalgic for the old Mas OS9 GUI.

I did download sheepshaver, but that just seems like such a nightmare to configure -especially- considering my OS9 discs are system restore/system install discs from a PowerMac dual G4 tower circa Oct 2000. (you -can- use restore/install discs with sheep shaver, but it requires yet another layer of difficult hack-configuration)...too much work!

I would love to see Parallels support OS9, and even earlier versions of Mac OS that ran on the Motorola 68000 series of processors (as I think I might still have a few games from that era lying around too.)

Is there any word, or even a whisper of pre OSX support coming to parallels anytime soon?

If not, are there more convenient solutions than sheepshaver? If that's all there is avail, then that's what I'll do...but it seems like an awful lot of hassle.

Thanks a lot for the input, guys!

God Bless!

-J

2. AKLDB1

AKLDB1 Bit poster