Anyone have any luck installing todays Windows beta 22598 on an INTEL MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Don Awalt, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

I installed the latest Windows beta 22598 on my M1 Max Pro fine, no problems. On my 2019 Intel MacBook Pro though, it does not install over the prior beta. It gets to the second dark screen, around 20%, then it restarts, and shows this message:
    Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 7.41.23 PM.png

Then it backs out the update, remaining on the prior version. I shut down Windows, quit Parallels, and it has done this 3 times. Anyone have any luck with this beta on an Intel MacBook Pro ??

2. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

3. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

Same thing is happening to me. have not found a solution

4. AdamM18

AdamM18 Bit poster

I have the same issue in Parallels. I also wasn't able to update to this build on my Ryzen based desktop PC either until i enabled SVM in bios, so i'm assuming Parallels needs to be able to emulate that in some way?

5. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

You can do SVM in Parallels, it's on the Config/CPU/Advanced, enable Nested Virtualization. I set this, and the beta installed successfully. HOWEVER, the system was UNBELIEVABLY slow!!!! After the update, I turned it off, and rebooted, and the system would not boot. I had to revert to a back up of the VM which thankfully I created. So that's not really an option imho.

6. AdamM18

AdamM18 Bit poster

Damn, thanks for the heads up. I did see Nested Virtualization in there but didn't make the connection. I will admit i hadn't looked into what SVM was supposed to do. Think i'll just stick on 22593 until the next build and see if that upgrade works.

7. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

I am doing the same, just waiting for the next build.

8. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Fixed by upgrading to 22610.1, out today. Upgrade from 22593.1 went perfectly.