Application Switcher: Only show Windows desktop (not apps)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Mike_Grunwald, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Mike_Grunwald

Mike_Grunwald Bit poster

I like to keep my Windows and Mac somewhat separate (not using coherence mode) while working—this keeps me a little more sane. Anyway, I'm looking for a way to configure the application switcher to only show the Windows VM, or simply the Parallels Desktop app. Not all the running apps in the VM. I had it working this way for a while, but I had to rollback to previous snapshot and do a bunch of upgrades to get back to the state I had it in and now it shows all the running apps, the Parallels Desktop app, and the Windows 8 VM in the switcher.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    _mike

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi Mike,
    Please follow the below step and check whether that helps you to resolve the issue.
    Go to Virtual Machine configuration (http://kb.parallels.com/en/117287) > Select Options > Choose Applications > Uncheck "Show Windows applications folder in Dock" .
    Please feel free to reach us, if you have any questions. We are here to help you.

3. Mike_Grunwald

Mike_Grunwald Bit poster

Thanks for the reply.
    That setting was already unchecked and there isn't a folder in my dock. Just the apps appearing in my application switcher (cmd + tab).