Apps crashing with Redway3D engine

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by fpmalard, Aug 11, 2020.

1. fpmalard

fpmalard Member

Hello,

In Parallels Desktop 15 I was able to run some Redway3D engine based apps with some performance limitations but with good quality and stability. I have installed Parallels 16 today, same computer, same VM configuration and the apps now present awkward graphic distortions/noise and extremely poor performance (not to mention they randomly crash now).

I would suggest your support team to get in touch with Redway3D company to check why this is happening in 16:
    https://www.redway3d.com

I though 16 would improve performance by 20% and not reduce it by 90%!

I will need to reinstall 15 until you resolve this, apps are crashing and I cannot work as before.

2. fpmalard

fpmalard Member

Hello, nothing to say about it?

3. Hello, thanks a lot for reporting this issue.
    Could you please help us to investigate and resolve this? If it's possible, please reproduce the issue, collect the tech report right after that and post the report's ID here.
    Also any screenshots of the graphics issue will be very appeciated.
    Looking forward to your reply.

4. fpmalard

fpmalard Member

Hi Maria,
    Sorry but I had to uninstall PD16 since I really need to work with this app on my daily basis.
    Since my app is just one of several Redway3D provides their engine to, I would say it should be better to talk to Redway3D folks and ask for some kind of benchmarking/testing tool you could run in both PD15 and PD16 and compare results.

Thank you!