Arduino IDE

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by davidhux, Nov 23, 2012.

1. davidhux

davidhux Bit poster

I am trying to run the Windows version of the Arduino IDE (Arduino for Windows).

This uses the USB port as serial port to download an application to an Arduino board.

I have ensured that the USB port is assigned to Parallels - but the app is unable to see any serial port options.

Yes I know there is a native OSX Arduino IDE - but I have my reasons for wanting to run arduino for windows in parallel.

Thank-you for any thoughts.

2. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

Please, enable verbose logging in PD (Parallels Desktop->Preferences->Advanced->Use detailed log messages).
    Then connect your usb device to vm, reproduce bug, create and send problem report (Help->Report a Problem).
    Post report id here.

3. davidhux

davidhux Bit poster

Arduino does not sign it's drivers - so W8 will not load them - sorry to have troubled the forum.

4. NavidD

NavidD Bit poster

I have the same problem. When I run Arduino IDE on Windows 8 it says "Serial port COM1 not found" and there is no "Ports" section in device manager.
    Can you please guide me how to fix it?

5. Riyald

Riyald Bit poster

Custom USB Drives

Will it make any difference if I use Customized USB drive (to connect to vm) that I got created from USB Promos
    They have personalized my drive and I have the preloaded information on it for my personal use. I hope that information wont be distorted due to this.

Kindly confirm this.

Thanks