I am running Mountain Lion (10.8.2) on MacBook Pro with Parallels 8 using Windows 7.
My .pvm is running 100 GB while my wife's is only 30 GB with a comparable program/file load. Part of the difference is likely the fact that I have about 30 GB of pictures and audio, but that does not explain the other 30 GB difference. In Windows I access my Mac files through "Home on 'psf' (Y)" in Windows Explorer. Is it possible that the .pvm has duplicated these files in Windows 7? That would explain the 30 GB difference. If the files are not duplicated, does anyone have an idea where the extra file usage might be coming from?
Thanks.
My .pvm is running 100 GB while my wife's is only 30 GB with a comparable program/file load. Part of the difference is likely the fact that I have about 30 GB of pictures and audio, but that does not explain the other 30 GB difference. In Windows I access my Mac files through "Home on 'psf' (Y)" in Windows Explorer. Is it possible that the .pvm has duplicated these files in Windows 7? That would explain the 30 GB difference. If the files are not duplicated, does anyone have an idea where the extra file usage might be coming from?
Thanks.