Area capture does not record computer sound when I'm in zoom meeting.

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by AkiraN, Aug 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. AkiraN

AkiraN Junior Member

Hi,

I tried to record zoom meeting by parallels toolbox's are capture in mac. Recording video was success but without computer sound like conversation voice.
    OS is 10.14.6 Mojave and tool itself is latest.
    Does anyone face same problem or know something?

Best regards
    Akira

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

have you set 'Computer + Default microphone' option value in tool preferences?
    If yes then check recording of other computer audio (not Zoom, start playing some video on youtube, e.g.) and try to record video again. Does it work?

3. AkiraN

AkiraN Junior Member

I had set 'Computer' only option value at that time, not included default microphone.
    I'll try it later. But I'm wondering why microphone should be included even only computer sound is necessary.

4. AkiraN

AkiraN Junior Member

I should touch one thing, I already success to record video plus voice for other application like YouTube with exactly same configuration, 'computer' only option. It only failed with Zoom meeting application. Is it helpful for chasing root cause?

5. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Surely you can record only computer sound. But in this case all that you're speaking will not be recorded. It is up to you.

Hmm, in this case it could be Zoom-specific issue in our recording tools. We will investigate it.
    Thanks for reporting the issue!

6. MarcS15

MarcS15 Bit poster

Just to push this topic up. I still have the same issue. It does not record sound when setting the zoom window to record. The issue is still persistent.

Cheers
    Marc

7. Paul43

Paul43 Bit poster

This has happened to me all the time over the last year or so, and the reply above is not the issue, it's Parallels not being that good that is the issue.

8. Horváth Károly

Horváth Károly Junior Member

Any progress? I choose Parallels Loopback from Audio devices after launching Screen capture, but no sound on the screen recording. It happens only if I record ZOOM meeting in full screen. It's rather annoying I just had a fantastic meeting with superb info and realise that there is no sound on the recording. I use the latest version from everything (Sonoma 14.2.1 and Parallels Toolbox 6.6.1) Thanks!