A rational response...
Petro,
You seem to be missing the point.
I for one whole heartedly support this product and its developers. I also admire them for creating a company to fill the gap in the market and I agree that there is nothing else on the market that does the same thing (yet!) however that shouldn't give Parallels carte blanche to charge what they want. Firstly, we the community did a lot of the Beta testing. Secondly the technology is almost identical to the Linux builds. Therefore how can they charge so much more? The reasoning previously stated was that it included the compressor technology. All I am saying is give the customer the choice, If I want the compressor then I'll by it! However I don't want to have to be forced to pay for something I really don't need.
This approach has nothing to do with market economics because the minute VMWare or Microsoft produce a Mac version of their Server/Player it will be free with many more features than Parallels Desktop. Where will Parallels be then? Remember the good will the community has shown Parallels and vice versa. Why ruin that by forcing us to pay a price that is not reflected in the rest of the range.
Simply put either price all the versions at 49.99 or all of them at 79.99 but don’t do both!
Petro,
You seem to be missing the point.
I for one whole heartedly support this product and its developers. I also admire them for creating a company to fill the gap in the market and I agree that there is nothing else on the market that does the same thing (yet!) however that shouldn't give Parallels carte blanche to charge what they want. Firstly, we the community did a lot of the Beta testing. Secondly the technology is almost identical to the Linux builds. Therefore how can they charge so much more? The reasoning previously stated was that it included the compressor technology. All I am saying is give the customer the choice, If I want the compressor then I'll by it! However I don't want to have to be forced to pay for something I really don't need.
This approach has nothing to do with market economics because the minute VMWare or Microsoft produce a Mac version of their Server/Player it will be free with many more features than Parallels Desktop. Where will Parallels be then? Remember the good will the community has shown Parallels and vice versa. Why ruin that by forcing us to pay a price that is not reflected in the rest of the range.
Simply put either price all the versions at 49.99 or all of them at 79.99 but don’t do both!