Automatic reconnect to Mac shares fails from Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristianS16, May 9, 2018.

1. ChristianS16

ChristianS16 Bit poster

Hello,

I am using the latest Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac PRO, the latest Parallels Toolbox and Windows 10 1709 fully patched. The problem I am going to describe has existed for my installation for quite a while, I am not sure if it was already present in Parallels 12.

I have setup on the Mac to share the home folder and one custom folder. From Windows 10, I have no troubles accessing and mounting these folders and I have setup a number of drives with the flag to automatically reconnect. The problem is that the drives are not automatically reconnected after a reboot and I have to manually "connect" them by double clicking on each drive. In Windows Explorer, the drives are overlaid by a red cross and 'net use' produces the output below (stripped to show only two drives).

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net use
    New connections will be remembered.

Status Local Remote Network
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unavailable H: \\mac\home\ Parallels Shared Folders
    Z: \\Mac\Transfast Parallels Shared Folders
    The command completed successfully.

The interesting observation is that the mount to z: works. This is a Mac volume of an external hard drive, automatically shared using the 'Map Mac volumes to Windows' option. As soon as I double click on H: in Windows Explorer, it becomes available.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,
    Christian