AVX/AVX2 Instructions

Experiencing this same problem with GoldWave software saying the CPU needs to support AVX & AVX2 instruction (emulation). Screenshot attached on their latest updater.
GoldWave Website: https://www.goldwave.com/
I am with a telecommunications company, and we use GoldWave often for audio conversations and manipulation of prompts.
This is important software to our workflow.
 

Attachments

  • GoldwaveError.png
    GoldwaveError.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 3
Dude, on the sales page, you say "optimized for Sequoia"
then sentence new and long time PVM Users to this protracted R&D rabbit hole,
AFTER they've built new $y$tem$?
 
Unfortunately I can't play Age of Empires IV via Steam on my M1 MacBook Pro with Sequoia 15.3.2 using Windows 11 via Parallels 19.

I am met with "Your CPU needs to support AVX instructions to run this game".

What is the answer?
 
After such a long time, there's still no response offering a clear roadmap -- in fact, not even a courteous reply from the Parallels team. I've had to purchase an Intel-based laptop running Windows just to continue working with Simaris Design. I truly regret upgrading from my Intel-based MacBook Pro to an M-series model -- it's simply not the right tool for professional applications, unfortunately.
 
I have been using AVX and can report that the Canary edition for ARM64 is a solution. Considering this is a Microsoft issue, as it was Microsoft that did not support AVX on ARM64, I don't see any way that Parallel's could address this as it is an OS issue. But you are right, Parallels should have demanded insider information from Microsoft about when AVX will be finalized in the regular channel for Windows 11 ARM64. ;)
 
I have been using AVX and can report that the Canary edition for ARM64 is a solution. Considering this is a Microsoft issue, as it was Microsoft that did not support AVX on ARM64, I don't see any way that Parallel's could address this as it is an OS issue. But you are right, Parallels should have demanded insider information from Microsoft about when AVX will be finalized in the regular channel for Windows 11 ARM64. ;)

Hi WilliamT14,
Yes, I'm fully up to date with all the Canary updates. I managed to get EPLAN working after installing the latest patch, but Siemens Simaris Configuration still refuses to install. Let's see how things develop.
At the moment, I'm working with two laptops -- one dedicated to work and the other for personal use.
Best, Guy
 
I can confirm. Windows 11 Canary 26H2 and EPLAN 2026 is working seamlessly.:p:p:p
 

Attachments

  • Snímka obrazovky 2026-01-08 o 10.28.00.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2026-01-08 o 10.28.00.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top