Battery icon missing in Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ZoltanM, Feb 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

I tried 2 different installations of Windows 10 ARM64 on M1 and on both the battery icon is missing. There is no way to activate it. From Taskbar settings -> System icons, the Power is greyed out, and also in Device Manager, the Battery device is completely missing (show hidden devices activated). I also tried Group Policy, regedit with no success.
    I has with all 3 technical previews on M1 Macbook PRO.
    Anybody else experienced it?

2. Garden City Nick

Garden City Nick Bit poster

Yes I noticed the same problem, like you the power icon is set to ON but greyed out and no way to enable it. This maybe a limitation of the technical preview. I was in windows all day for my job and didn't realize I only had 3% battery left, luckily MacOS threw up a notification.

3. Hello guys, this feature has been implemented in the newest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    Please check it with Parallels Desktop 17 trial period.
    Also we would like to add that Windows 10 now recognizes battery status and enables battery saving when your Mac runs out of charge, so you can stay on longer.
    For more information please check this link.

4. Garden City Nick

Garden City Nick Bit poster

Thanks Maria I upgraded my install on the day it came out. 17 is so much smoother now. Windows 10 scrolling a lot less choppy on my M1. Great stuff :D

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience here.
    If you have any questions please feel free to ping us here.