I'm forced to use my Windows 7 virtual machine to properly encode video for a proprietary device. I added more CPU's to the VM and RAM to hopefully allow it to have more resources to encode the video faster.
What I'm wondering is if setting in the options to "Performance: Faster Virtual Machine" will make the VM encode video faster at all? Or does it just make the VM's GUI more responsive?
In other words, what does changing the "Performance" setting REALLY DO? Does it give the VM more CPU cycles? Or RAM? Or both? Or something else?
I'd rather leave it set to "Faster Mac" if it won't make any difference with video encoding. By the way, I'm using Parallels 7.
Thanks.
What I'm wondering is if setting in the options to "Performance: Faster Virtual Machine" will make the VM encode video faster at all? Or does it just make the VM's GUI more responsive?
In other words, what does changing the "Performance" setting REALLY DO? Does it give the VM more CPU cycles? Or RAM? Or both? Or something else?
I'd rather leave it set to "Faster Mac" if it won't make any difference with video encoding. By the way, I'm using Parallels 7.
Thanks.