Hello,
Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, but my searches brought up a bunch of unrelated posts. So I'm just wondering the best way to backup my parallels VMs. I currently do not use time machine for this and instead use a nightly rsync command line script to just mirror my VM directory to an external hard drive. The copy seems to be working but I'm worried because I have never really tested to see if I can actually restore the VMs from these copies if my main HD crashed. Just wondering if anybody has restored a VM from a backup using rsync before? Or is there a better, officially supported way to do this that doesn't include time machine?
My rsync command looks like this: rsync -av --delete /Volumes/OS/VMs/ /Volumes/Backups/VMs
Any advice on this would be helpful...thanks in advance!
Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, but my searches brought up a bunch of unrelated posts. So I'm just wondering the best way to backup my parallels VMs. I currently do not use time machine for this and instead use a nightly rsync command line script to just mirror my VM directory to an external hard drive. The copy seems to be working but I'm worried because I have never really tested to see if I can actually restore the VMs from these copies if my main HD crashed. Just wondering if anybody has restored a VM from a backup using rsync before? Or is there a better, officially supported way to do this that doesn't include time machine?
My rsync command looks like this: rsync -av --delete /Volumes/OS/VMs/ /Volumes/Backups/VMs
Any advice on this would be helpful...thanks in advance!