Bitlocker USB Drives not showing up after Upgrade to Big Sur

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Dr.Z, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Dr.Z

Dr.Z Bit poster

Hello,
    Bitlocker USB Drives not showing up in windows 10 after Upgrade to Big Sur.
    Any fix?
    greetings Joe

2. Gianluca_M

Gianluca_M Bit poster

I have the same issue.
    Used to be working in Catalina but after the upgrade i can only see the possibility to eject the device in the tray bar. It also doesn't work, trying to eject does nothing and if you disconnect the disk you get an error about the disconnection.
    In Catalina the drive would appear in Explorer and in this eject dialog. By clicking on Explorer i could insert the password to unlock it and use.
    It is a bug of Parallels or a limitation of Big Sur?

3. Gianluca_M

Gianluca_M Bit poster

There is a workaround for this: with the drive connected and after telling Big Sur to ignore it, go in the general parallels preferences and go under devices.
    Add a device with the '+' sign on the permanent assignment table and choose the disk name under 'device' and choose your VM name in the connection column.
    After this when you connect the disk when the VM is running, Big Sur will not ask what to do with the disk and it will appear as a disk in Windows . It may not work if you connected it before starting the VM and Big Sur showed the popup asking what to do with the disk.
    (Notice that the terms used above may be a little different from the english Parallels: i have it in italian so i'm just guessing the translation)

4. HarveyB1

HarveyB1 Bit poster

this is not working for me. any other advice on how to get parallels to see a bitlocker drive?