Hey guys,
Instead of seeing a login screen on the FIRST boot of my Windows 10 VM, I get a black screen. I have to reset it EVERY time to login!??!!!?!
This has been happening to me since I updated to the Creators Update and upgraded to PD 12.2.0 (41591) a few weeks ago and it has been frustrating to say the least...
I didn't want it so soon because I'm working on some large projects and I don't like doing any upgrades to my system when I'm in the middle of something like this. Due circumstances beyond my control, (no VM snapshot and my time machine backups stopped working - only found out because of this issue) I was unable to rollback my VM.
I thought something broke when the update completed installing when it booted to a black screen. I even reinstalled Windows CU 2x!!! I discovered another app was causing an issue - Bins and disabled it's auto-start. But, I still get the black screen on every FIRST boot of my Windows 10 VM - did I mention how ANNOYING this is?
On another note, I have my primary and secondary monitors configured, Primary on the left, Secondary on the right. EVERY TIME after I log into Windows it now moves ALL my icons to the right monitor... at this point I'm saying "Come on!". I'm getting tired of moving my icons to where I WANT them every time and it FAILING to remember. I have even swapped the connectors on the left/right monitors to see if that could be an issue.
I'll try uninstalling Bins completely to see if this may still have some bazaar seemingly unrelated side effect...
Update: I attached a screenshot of what I get. This seems to happen after the MacBook Pro sleeps between work & home and I startup the VM for the first time since waking it. As Note: I typed in my password and after logging in the "Restart" option becomes available in the Actions menu which means it's there, just not displaying properly.
Instead of seeing a login screen on the FIRST boot of my Windows 10 VM, I get a black screen. I have to reset it EVERY time to login!??!!!?!
This has been happening to me since I updated to the Creators Update and upgraded to PD 12.2.0 (41591) a few weeks ago and it has been frustrating to say the least...
I didn't want it so soon because I'm working on some large projects and I don't like doing any upgrades to my system when I'm in the middle of something like this. Due circumstances beyond my control, (no VM snapshot and my time machine backups stopped working - only found out because of this issue) I was unable to rollback my VM.
I thought something broke when the update completed installing when it booted to a black screen. I even reinstalled Windows CU 2x!!! I discovered another app was causing an issue - Bins and disabled it's auto-start. But, I still get the black screen on every FIRST boot of my Windows 10 VM - did I mention how ANNOYING this is?
On another note, I have my primary and secondary monitors configured, Primary on the left, Secondary on the right. EVERY TIME after I log into Windows it now moves ALL my icons to the right monitor... at this point I'm saying "Come on!". I'm getting tired of moving my icons to where I WANT them every time and it FAILING to remember. I have even swapped the connectors on the left/right monitors to see if that could be an issue.
I'll try uninstalling Bins completely to see if this may still have some bazaar seemingly unrelated side effect...
Update: I attached a screenshot of what I get. This seems to happen after the MacBook Pro sleeps between work & home and I startup the VM for the first time since waking it. As Note: I typed in my password and after logging in the "Restart" option becomes available in the Actions menu which means it's there, just not displaying properly.
Attachments
Last edited: