Black Screen in Windows 10 after upgrade to Version 13

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AllenJ, Aug 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AllenJ

AllenJ Bit poster

Help, I am stuck at a black screen in trying to boot to Windows 10 following an upgrade from Parallels 12 to 13. I've tried rebooting (both the VM and the Mac) and no luck. I've read posts in support about more video memory, but am unable to change the setting in configuration.

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

3. AllenJ

AllenJ Bit poster

Yes, hitting reset allowed me to launch Windows 10. Thank you.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. SPX

SPX Junior Member

I'm having the same problem with PD13, when i start my Windows 10 VM it ends up in a black screen. Reset de VM and it boots with showing the login screen of Windows again.
    Reset a Windows 10 while booted is not correct, PD12 didnt do this so it a bug in PD13.

6. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

7. FrankH9

FrankH9 Bit poster

Same problem here. After installing pd13, windows 10 started fine, but after reinstalling parallels tools I end up with a black screen. I can shutdown but starting, gives me a black screen. After a couple of tried I get the (not very hopeful) message "inaccessible boot drive". It seems to me that Tools somehow messed with the installation. So far I have no bright ideas.