Black screen of death and f8 does not work on this MBA

Jigs Gaton

Product Expert
I've got the black screen of death on this VM, and can't get f8 to do anything. tried "tapping repeatedly" as suggested in the KB on this subject. Tried shift-f8, fnf8, every other combo of f'ing f8. that's crazy. Seems like there should be a boot flag for this! Anyway, frustration aside, what to do, as I rather liked this version of the VM. Thx!

ps. this is latest PD 10 and latest yosemite running Win8.1 with all the latest updates on a new beefy MBA 13"

pss. I think the problem may be that the SSD is just way too fast and there is no time for a keypress. This procedure may have worked in the olden days with spinning disks, but my macs are like instant on, and everything about them is near instant.
 
Last edited:
thx Dishant, no I meant literally the black screen and not blue screen. I add the "of death" part, as in this case it was. Finally got to recovery options and nothing there worked, so I trashed the VM and went to an older backup. But thx for helping out!
 
Hi,

We are glad that you had a backup. Please reach us anytime for any queries. We are available at your service.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top