black screen parallels desktop pro 12.1.3 v . for Mac

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Svirsky, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Svirsky

Svirsky Junior Member

Every time I try to open Windows 10 I get a black screen. I am using 10.12.4 Sierra.

I tried the suggestion: NO JOY.

Anyone out there can help me please.
    Solution
    1. Go to  > System Preferences > Mission Control.
    2. Enable Displays have separate Spaces option.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Log out from Mac user account and log in back.
    4. Enter Full Screen view mode with your virtual machine. To extend virtual machine to the external display go to View menu of the virtual machine > Use All Displays in Full Screen

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Svirsky, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 Update 12.2 (41591) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works.

3. RobertR11

RobertR11 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Running Windows 7 on Sierra 10.12.4 and Parallels 12.2. Have black screen on Windows with no way to force quit Windows. Quitting Parallels does not quit Windows. The solution from Windows forum requires Parallels to be running and Windows not running, no way to do that. I've tried several solutions recommended on various forums with no results. How can I force quit Windows (end process) when the screen is black?
    This blog has the most details: http://blog.parallels.com/2015/09/29/how-to-fix-the-black-screen-in-windows/
    but it only works if you can quit Windows and still run Parallels.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Thank you for sharing the information. Please try this article and let us know how it goes.

5. RobertR11

RobertR11 Bit poster

Thank you Swati. This worked. I thought I tried every option and clicked on every action but somehow missed the most obvious one, reset. Windows said it was shut down improperly and then rebooted. Thanks.

6. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime.