Black Tabs in Mojave Guest VM

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Guest OS Discussion' started by Neilwhit, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

1. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Bit Poster

Parallels 14.1.0
    Main MacOS - Latest High Sierra
    iMac Late 2014 27"
    Guest OS Mojave (latest)
    ----------------
    Anyone have the issue where the tabs in Finder and Safari windows are blacked out (using Light theme), flicker and are basically unreadable? I've updated Parallels, reinstalled Parallels Tools, updated Mojave but still have the same issue. This is preventing us from trying Mojave since we can't see where we are in either the finder or Safari.

Also have massive issues with scrolling, the mouse-click sticking and very slow overall performance. Very disappointed. Any ideas appreciated.

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Neilwhit , Please go to Finder> Applications> Parallels Tools right click, move it to trash and empty trash. Then reinstall again by following steps in this article

3. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Bit Poster

I appreciate the reply. You may have forgotten that there is no Parallels Tools app in the Applications folder any longer (there is a Parallels Toolbox app, but that was removed/trashed previously). And as per my initial post, I had already deleted and reinstalled Tools with no remedy to the black tabs problem.

Despite that, I did once again use the Actions/Reinstall Parallels Tools to reinstall. I also twice used the Parallels Tools volume and its Uninstall app to uninstall Tools, then restart and Install Tools again.

But as per my original post, this did not resolve the issue. In the Light mode in Mojave, the tabs remain mostly blacked out and unreadable, changing only briefly if you move the window around, but reverting to blacked out when trying to use the tabs. Works find in Dark mode, but need it to work in Light mode.

I have also changed the Hardware/Graphics settings to each setting with no remedy to the problem. Thus looking for other ideas.

Thanks.

4. MichaelO12

MichaelO12

I can confirm that I have exact same problem (identical) as described by Neilwhit re black and flickering tabs in finder.

[In addition using Launchpad in guest OS very problamatic: Cannot move (reposition) app icons in Launchpad view ; opening folder in Launchpad view takes +30seconds ; Launchpad hangs (cannot escape back to desktop) - only recovery is to suspend VM and then run again.]
    Main = Mojave 10.14.2 Guest = Mojave 10.14.2 Parallels = 14.1.0 (45387)

5. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Parallels Support

Please reproduce the issue and send us a technical report ID by following steps in this article for investigating the issue.