Blackberry Playbook connection problem. -Noob

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by Destabilised, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Destabilised

Destabilised Guest

Hi guys, I look forward to being part of your community :) Sorry for this to be my first post and it's probably a really silly one at that, but lets give it a shot;

I have the 2X client on my Blackberry PlayBook and it all boots up fine, but when I go to add a new connection, I type in all of my details, such as my I.P of my laptop (according to whatsmyip.com) and name the connection, give myself a username and such. When I click for it to connect it just keeps saying connecting and my screen keeps going black and then the connecting symbol appears again. I'm not sure if it's something to do with me inputting an incorrect IP address or something that has been set wrong on my PC, but I would really appreciate some help if possible as this looks like a really nice piece of software to use!

Thanks for any help guys

-Brett

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

is your machine behind a router by any chance? If so, you need to forward the ports you are conencting through on the router

3. jpc

jpc Pro

Did you solve your problem? If yes, please post the solution.

If not, please check the following points:
    • Can you connect to the machine on the local network (i.e. use the IP that you get on the machine you want to connect to, not the one from whatismyipc.com)
    • Can you connect using another client (e.g. 2X Client for Windows)
    • What is the system you are trying to connect to (e.g.: Windows 7, etc)?
    • Are you connecting using a normal Remote Desktop Session? (from your description, it seems that you should be using that unless you have 2X ASXG running on the target machine)