Blackscreen after Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChenD, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ChenD

ChenD Bit poster

Hi, I'm using a MacBook Pro 5,3 standard and using the latest version of Parallels Desktop.
    After the last update whenever I used Parallels and then set my laptop to sleep, it only appears as a blackscreen when I turn it on again. The problem is similar to this artikel, but my problem still occurs after I closed Parallels before going to sleep mode. Any suggestion please?

2. thommyboy

thommyboy Bit poster

same here- parallels doesn't need to be active. it's enough that it WAS running and then waking osx up from sleep doesn't work any more. actually- the screen isn't really BLACK- if you look closely you can see the desktop/windows after waking up but the appear like there is a 98% transparent black over it and the mouse and keyboard are inactive. when using an external screen too (like me) after waking up the external screen displays everything fine (but still no input possible)

3. thommyboy

thommyboy Bit poster

no-one else having this problem? there are lot's of people having it on an apple-forum.
    for me it's surely related to parallels as it only happens when i run parallels before
    closing the lid to set the macbook to sleep...
    this is really bad as you can easily loose data.

4. Bramv

Bramv Bit poster

Same here.

Same here. System is unstable...

Help!

5. thommyboy

thommyboy Bit poster

today i had the first black-screen-crash without running parallels before. but still- the first lines in console (before the crash) show, that parallels seems somehow involved:

25.05.10 08:40:28 com.apple.launchd[1] *** launchd[1] has started up. ***
    25.05.10 08:40:55 de.novamedia.nmnetmgrd[40] No matching processes were found
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[65] objc[76]: Class QCocoaPrintPanelDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[65] objc[76]: Class QCocoaPageLayoutDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[65] objc[76]: Class QNSMenu is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[65] objc[76]: Class QNSStatusItem is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[65] objc[76]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[65] objc[76]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.apple.SystemStarter[43] Tuning TCP/IP stack for 2.5G/3G performance
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.apple.SystemStarter[43] net.inet.tcp.slowlink_wsize: 8192 -> 128480
    25.05.10 08:40:57 com.apple.SystemStarter[43] net.inet.tcp.recvspace: 65536 -> 128480
    25.05.10 08:40:58 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.parallels.vm.prl_naptd) Unknown key for boolean: SuccessfulExit
    25.05.10 08:41:02 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[164] (com.apple.ReportCrash) Falling back to default Mach exception handler. Could not find: com.apple.ReportCrash.Self

6. James Rose

James Rose Bit poster

I get the same issue, and it's really really annoying. I noticed that people using VMware are having the same issue too, but no one seems to have found a solution so far.