Blank screen starting up Parallels 18.1.1 No Windows

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MzLoretta, Dec 18, 2022.

1. MzLoretta

MzLoretta Junior Member

Windows 11 won't launch. Worked fine after update to 18.1.1 ... now nothing. Please help. Thank you.

2. MzLoretta

MzLoretta Junior Member

Figured it out. Went to the Windows menu in Parallels & did a reset it worked. Whew!

3. PaulP6

PaulP6 Bit poster

I have the same. Windows doesn't start with Parallels 18.1.1.
    I tried to do the reset but I can't do it. The reset is set passive (in grey, not black).
    What needs to be done to get "reset" set active?

4. MzLoretta

MzLoretta Junior Member

Damn, mine is black. I can't see where you can change that. I shut everything down & rebooted my Mac; then reset.

You'll probably have to consult the Parallels support deities for help. Good luck!

5. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please refer to and follow the steps to fix the black screen in Windows. Thanks.

6. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please refer to and follow the steps to fix the black screen in Windows. Thanks.

7. RafaelaN

RafaelaN Bit poster

I have this same issue. I don't know what else to do. I've restarted several times and even deleted and re-installed and nothing. Help. I just have a black screen every time I open Parallel.

8. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the issue, kindly collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks