Blue Screen after Update to Parallels 11.1.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ThomasH5, Nov 14, 2015.

1. ThomasH5

ThomasH5 Bit poster

after update I can't start my bootcamp partion (Win7 Ultimate 32) in virtual machine, after swich in graphics mode I get a blue Screen (attached). With version 11.0.2 all was ok and I work every day hard with this VM. What can I do? Safe mode works.

Attached Files:

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Thomas,
    Please follow this article and re install the boot camp partition with Parallels Desktop and see if it works.

3. CarlC1

CarlC1 Bit poster

I had the same problem .... Desktop 11.1.0-32202 is crashing Windows 7 32 bit with an IRQ Error BSOD after the Desktop tools are installed following the update.... The update is OK if the Desktops tools are not installed..... I ended up reverting back to 11.0.1 which is operating without problems.

4. AlexP2

AlexP2 Bit poster

I have the same issue.
    End up doing a restore point without letting the paralells tools to install.
    Paralells should update the Tools install file.

5. VladislavI

VladislavI Bit poster

I have the same problem. Parallels version 11.0.2(31348) works fine. Reinstalling Windows 7 is out of the question, it's the hard-drive of my old PC.
    Please fix Parallels if you want me to continue renewing it.

6. BumpMan

BumpMan Junior Member

Same here parallels gets BSOD Irql_not_less_or_equal after parallels tools installs and then restarts. Works fine if i don't let it install or i uninstall parallel tools. but then with out tools it just kinda sucks.

Please update parallel tools!!! I can't work!!

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi All, we are aware of this issue and our development team is working on this. We will update you as soon as we have a fix for this.

8. BumpMan

BumpMan Junior Member

Im running Windows XP FYI

9. NelsonM1

NelsonM1 Bit poster

"Me too", Windows 7 host (on Bootcamp partition),

10. musicos

musicos Bit poster

I have a Retina macbook 2012, new Parallels 11, 10.9.5, windows xp.
    Starting parallels, I only get a black screen, no windows. Increasing video memory to 512 didn't change anything.

what could I do?

11. RichardM4

RichardM4 Bit poster

I had the same issue occur with windows 7 (32 bit) from a boot camp partition after letting Parallels update to 11.1.0-32202. After several hours on chat with tech support, they escalated my case after not resolving the issue. During the course of the chat they gave me the following link (http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v11/11.0.2/ParallelsDesktop-11.0.2-31348.dmg) to download version 11.0.2-31348. I got back up and running with the following steps:
    1. Trash updated 11.1.0-32202 Parallels application in Mac OS X (requires admin password).
    2. Download and install Parallels 11.0.2-31348 from the dmg linked above.
    3. Start my Boot Camp VM in Parallels and let startup repair restore windows to a point before the Parallels update.
    4. Restart VM and let Parallel Tools from version 11.0.2-31348 install.
    5. Click "Skip this Version" when Parallels ask me to update.​
    I guess this will only work if you have a restore point to go back to. Luckily I did and it got me back up and running.
    Thought I would pass it on.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    AlexF1 likes this.
  12. ShahinE1

ShahinE1 Bit poster

Having same problem with a Windows 7 32-bit install. Windows is currently performing a Startup Repair. Should I let it run?

13. NelsonM1

NelsonM1 Bit poster

Followed the instructions as per @RichardM4 's post. I didn't have a restore point, but starting Windows in Safe Mode (see http://kb.parallels.com/en/118732) allowed the 11.0 Parallel Tools to overwrite the 11.1 version. Reboot again, and it's all working again.

AlexF1 and RichardM4 like this.
  14. vangrafhorst

vangrafhorst Bit poster

I had a long confersation with an engineer early this morning(Amsterdam time). No solution. I followed RichardM4 advise with 1 exception due to not having e restore point in W7: making a new virtuel machine.
    And up and running again.
    Thanks!

Joris

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  15. CarlC1

CarlC1 Bit poster

Just received an email from Parallels support, and they have a solution:-
    ... "In order to resolve issue with BSoD error in Bootcamp virtual machine please follow instructions from our knowledge base article http://kb.parallels.com/en/123535 "....

16. WilliamL6

WilliamL6 Bit poster

I was bitten by this one, too. The issue does appear to be merely a corrupted prl_boot.sys file, although the knowledge base article has you booting into Safe Mode and THEN trying to download the non-corrupted version from their site which I think you can't do in Safe Mode.

From your OS 10.xx Mac, download from their site the non-corrupted prl_boot.sys file version that corresponds with your Windows version (linked to in the reply above).
    Put it on a USB drive. THEN reboot into BOOTCAMP in SAFEMODE. Windows can read the UBS drive in SAFEMODE. Then swap out the bad file with the good one. Reboot in BOOTCAMP in Normal mode. It rebooted fine for me after that, although there was an audio driver that had a problem but Windows did a CHECKDSK on the next reboot which fixed that.

17. WendyA

WendyA Bit poster

Huge problem with 11.1.0. Wish I had ignored the update.

18. BumpMan

BumpMan Junior Member

http://kb.parallels.com/en/123535

This is not an acceptable solution. I have no idea how to futz with Windows as I am a Mac user and windows makes zero sense to me. Please provide an update that fixes this ASAP I am fucked without this working.

19. BumpMan

BumpMan Junior Member

Yeah,

Im not sure why I will ever upgrade again. Update completely breaks your install?? Are we in 1985?

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Nelson, you may try this article to fix the issue