Blue Screens?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OutOfOrder, Dec 2, 2010.

1. OutOfOrder

OutOfOrder Bit poster

Hi,

I recently got a new Macbook Pro and installed Windows 7 using Bootcamp. I got Parallels to avoid the annoyance of having to reboot between Windows and Mac. This afternoon, my son accidentally booted into the Windows side of my computer rather than using Parallels. Later, when I turned on Parallels to use it, I was working as usual and I suddenly got a blue screen. I rebooted and continued my work, but soon afterwards the same error came again. I have attached two screenshots of the errors. I'm hoping that someone can help me fix this problem quickly!

Thanks,
    -OutOfOrder-

p.s. Some other information that might be helpful is that I'm using 2 CPU and 2 GB RAM on my Windows 7 VM. Hope this extra information helps!

Attached Files:

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hello, OutOdOrder!

Thank you for your information.

We have some fixes related to this BSODs in PD6 build 11990 (will be available as update soon and already available to download from site).
    You could use 1CPU in VM as a workaround before update.

3. OutOfOrder

OutOfOrder Bit poster

Thanks for the information. I will get around to downloading the update right away!

4. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

Parallels V6.0.11990.621014

With the latest version of Parallels Desktop I'm also having trouble with BSOD's in a Boot Camp partition. I've also found that Parallels Tools don't install upon initial VM creation (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate): instead, a pop-up web site appears requesting I continue with a manual reconfiguration. However, the initial start up screen is black and I can't install Parallels Tools manually.

The solution I've found was to revert back to the earlier version of Parallels Desktop, create the Boot Camp virtual machine and allow Parallels Tools to install automatically, and then update Parallels Desktop to the latest version. After restarting the virtual machine, Parallels Tools are automatically updated as well.

5. alev

alev Parallels Team

Thank you for report, GeoffreyZ!

Could you please send us Problem Report (PD->Help->Report a Problem...) and post a Report ID here at the moment you got a BSOD.

6. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

Well, now that I've updated to the newest release rather than performing a clean installation I was able to install Parallels Tools and then upgrade them. But I remember when I tried to run the Windows 7 virtual machine with a clean installation of Version 1190 the BSOD received was exactly the same as the first image posted above. If the issue arises again I'll certainly post a report ID, but I don't dare attempt a clean install of the latest Parallels Desktop version until the next release, since I spent hours trying to correct the problem last night.

7. OutOfOrder

OutOfOrder Bit poster

Hi all,

I was able to solve this issue by deleting my Bootcamp VM and recreating it. I tested the cases where the errors happened before and the blue screen errors have stopped appearing. It seems it may have just been an error with the way my Bootcamp VM was set up the first time.

Thanks for all your help!
    -OutOfOrder-