BLUETOOTH and USB problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by AMAC, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Bilinda Offen

Bilinda Offen Bit poster

At the risk of being boring, and repeating what everyone is saying, I am unable to connect a bluetooth device, it gives the 5 - 10 second message. In non technical language, can anyone help??

2. jayholler

jayholler Bit poster

I am also having the "unable to connect, wait 5-10 seconds" issue trying to run nokia PC suite with a Nokia 6682 (Cingular branded) in Windows XP SP1 running on a MacBook (10.4.7), under Parallels (Build 1848). Any solutions on the horizon? I don't see anything trying to communicate with the phone under OS X, but maybe I'm missing something here?

3. karthikp

karthikp Bit poster

USB Modem problem

I'm trying to connect the USB modem in Parallels Desktop for MAC and getting the following error.
    USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait
    5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. Can somebody help me in solving the issue. My calculation is that may be after upgradation the existing USB 1.1 to USB 2 may solve the major USB issues

Cheers,
    Karthik

4. drienzo

drienzo Bit poster

I had a similar problem with my Canon USB scanner. I checked running processes on both the Mac OS and the virtual machine and had no luck freeing up the USB port so that the scanner would work. Then I discovered that if I unplug the scanner from the wall plug (it doesn't have an on/off switch), connect the USB cable to the computer and scanner, then turn the scanner on, it works. Try turning off the peripheral, connect it via USB, and then turn it on.

5. donnie

donnie Member

I have the same USB problem ("wait 5-10 seconds"). I tried drienzo's solution for my USB printer, but I as soon as I connect the USB cable back, I immediately get the "wait" message. Is something about how OSX interacts with USB printers creating the interference? I discovered the "share the printer" network solution, which works, although the first line of print is always chopped off when I do this (Lexmark X5150).

6. MacClueless

MacClueless Member

Same Blackberry problem, :(

7. StrangeNoise

StrangeNoise Bit poster

After update, still broken

Same error as reported in this thread, when connecting a Nokia N91, with Parallels build 1940.

This is never going to get fixed, is it?

8. pbagnall

pbagnall Bit poster

My monitor has a built USB hub that works as a KVM, and when I switch it over to my MBP I get the Wait 5-10 seconds message over and over and over again. If I dismiss them all it does eventually start working - after about 15-20 seconds I'd estimate, so the only real problem for me is the error message itself. If it only appeared once, that would be fine, but getting so many instances of it is just annoying.

A fix for this would be very welcome.

9. sewfuntoys

sewfuntoys Bit poster

This was my issue with support as well. Until Ben stepped in I was hopelessly lost, which now I have a response it too doesn't seem to work
    I have tried for well over 6 hours now and no resolution. All my USB connected devices keep hanging!! I see from the forum post this is not that uncommon - my worry is will it be fixed so I can use the software for what I purchased it for to begin with in the first place????
    If you find a work around advise!

10. parmac

parmac Bit poster

Have you got any reply yet? I've the same problem.

11. hjfreyer

hjfreyer Bit poster

*weeps*

I have the 5-10 second problem with a flash drive. This topic has been running for 6 months. This is madness.

12. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

in my experience, this is due to the Mac loading the drivers for the device and not relinquishing control when parallels needs it. I found, in the case of my Nokia cellphone, that if I removed the AppleUSBCDC*.kext files from IOUSBFamily package in System/Library/Extentions (i wouldnt do this without knowing what you are doing.), the Mac ignored the device when plugged in and Parallels was free to grab it.

If you dont know about extentions i dont recommend deleting anything. You could however unload drivers when they load, which wont harm anything.
    Learn how to use kextstat and run it beofre you plug a device in, and after you do so. Then unload the drivers that load when u plug the device in, with kextunload. Then try to attach it in Parallels.

I'm sure Parallels will fix this as best they can, but with a million different USB devices out there, its going to be hard to be able to work with all of them.

13. teg203

teg203 Junior Member

Try going to the devices menu in Parallels, then to USB, then select whatever USB thing it is you're trying to use. I've done this with a mobile phone with success. Parallels recognizes the device. But now it makes my whole computer freeze.

Great, huh?

14. SPOSEN

SPOSEN Bit poster

USB Nokia e61

I'm running vista on parallels 3150, Can't get my Nokia e61 to connect. It shows up under the device/usb menu but beeps on and then immediately off. Need help! can't even get the blue tooth to be active in vista?

15. rnis

rnis Bit poster

No USB for Brother PTouch, Treo700, HPC4150, MicrsoSft LifeCam

Why did they even bother releasing the product with the USB option if it will not work? By the looks from the forum this has gone on for months.

HELLLLoooooo PARALLELS.......we have a situation here....HELP

I have done a transition from PC to Mac in the last two weeks. So I bought the product so I can use various non mac compatible devices still. WinXP setup better than on PC's I have built. I was thrilled. Back to square one it seems. I will have to use my laptop on occasion on my desk to operate them.

I will try out this fix and see how it works then report back. I am also filling out a help request to Parallels.

-------:cool: :confused:

QUOTE=darkone]in my experience, this is due to the Mac loading the drivers for the device and not relinquishing control when parallels needs it. I found, in the case of my Nokia cellphone, that if I removed the AppleUSBCDC*.kext files from IOUSBFamily package in System/Library/Extentions (i wouldnt do this without knowing what you are doing.), the Mac ignored the device when plugged in and Parallels was free to grab it.

If you dont know about extentions i dont recommend deleting anything. You could however unload drivers when they load, which wont harm anything.
    Learn how to use kextstat and run it beofre you plug a device in, and after you do so. Then unload the drivers that load when u plug the device in, with kextunload. Then try to attach it in Parallels.

I'm sure Parallels will fix this as best they can, but with a million different USB devices out there, its going to be hard to be able to work with all of them.[/QUOTE]

16. rnis

rnis Bit poster

17. betilfan

betilfan Bit poster

This works, but I had to go into the package file and get the name of all 7 USBCDC files. When they were all stopped then the USB functions ran normally. For the record the names of all 8 files are:

USBCDCACMControl
    USBCDCACMData
    USBCDCDMM
    USBCDCECMControl
    USBCDCECMData
    USBCDCEEM
    USBCDCWCM

18. kalintri

kalintri Bit poster

Still 5-10sec problem

Hi,
    I have read that the new build 3170 no more has the 5-10 sec USB problem. It is written in the features on its web page.
    Well, maybe I am doing something wrong but I have it with a XP SP2 installed and I still get the 5-10 sec message whenever I try to connect my External USB HDD or my ClipDrive. They both are recognised but when I try to mount....well... please wait 5-10 secs and try again.
    I tried unmounting them from the MAC OS, but still no good. I dont know on what basis the guys from parallels claim that this problem doesnt exist in 3170, but not to be able to connect standard USB HDD and clipdrive seems to me like nothing is solved.
    If I am doing something wrong please let me know.
    Thanks

19. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i was readin one of the other posts about external hdd drives and it indicated that there maybe some lag with parallels before it will let you mount the external drive properly.. maybe try connecting the drive let OSX do its thing with it, then wait 5 mins or so and then try to attach it to parallels.. see if that works ?!

20. kalintri

kalintri Bit poster

nope,
    both Parallels and MacOS have been on and running for more than an hour with both Ext. USB HDD and the ClipDrive attached, but I still get the 5-10 sec message. I guess I will have to wait for newer versions of Parallels (and MAC OS).
    I hope the new MAC OS will finally support NTFS writing, then I wont have to mount it to the parallels's XP
    Thanks anyway