I installed Parallels 6 on my iMac Core i7 running 10.6.4.
My Canon MP640 (multi-function printer/scanner) still printed normally via WiFi, but the 'bonjour' wireless scanning function no longer worked because the scanner was no longer detected by MacOS X. Strangely, it would not detect via USB either.
After re-setting the print system in MacOS X the MP640 would only detect and function as a printer, not a scanner.
I downloaded all the latest drivers from Canon and Apple, and after several re-installations still the same issue....
Finally, I uninstalled Parallels, and now the printer/scanner detects and operates as normal again via WiFi.
Previous reports of this kind of behavior seem to pertain to Parallels 4 and 5, and things like changing to bridged networking are mentioned as possible work arounds. Canon's Mac driver support is shocking and I don't expect any fixes from them anytime soon.
Should I reinstall Parallels 6 and try this switch to bridged networking, or is this most likely a bug with Parallels or Canon software that I should wait for a fix on?
My Canon MP640 (multi-function printer/scanner) still printed normally via WiFi, but the 'bonjour' wireless scanning function no longer worked because the scanner was no longer detected by MacOS X. Strangely, it would not detect via USB either.
After re-setting the print system in MacOS X the MP640 would only detect and function as a printer, not a scanner.
I downloaded all the latest drivers from Canon and Apple, and after several re-installations still the same issue....
Finally, I uninstalled Parallels, and now the printer/scanner detects and operates as normal again via WiFi.
Previous reports of this kind of behavior seem to pertain to Parallels 4 and 5, and things like changing to bridged networking are mentioned as possible work arounds. Canon's Mac driver support is shocking and I don't expect any fixes from them anytime soon.
Should I reinstall Parallels 6 and try this switch to bridged networking, or is this most likely a bug with Parallels or Canon software that I should wait for a fix on?