Boot Camp not found by Parallels - Cannot import existing Windows installation

Ernst Mielmann

Bit poster
Good day,

I am having a little trouble getting my existing Windows installation transferred into Parallels 8. When navigating to File -> New, there's no option to import my bootcamp installation. I've seen an "Import Boot Camp" option under the File menu on other Macs running Parallels 8, but it's completely missing on my computer.

I am running OSX 10.7.5 on a 17", Early 2011 MacBook Pro.

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated!
 
Ernst,
thank you, got it. Our engineers will have a look tomorrow - it's night in Moscow now. I'll keep you informed. Sorry for your troubles.

Hanna
 
Ernst,
we checked your report, and that's what we found: your Bootcamp partition, /dev/disk0s4, just isn't mounted in MacOS, and that's why PD cannot see it. So could you please mount your Bootcamp partition using Applications/Utilities/DiskUtility and recheck?

Hanna
 
Disk0s4 won't mount

Good day Hannah!

Sorry for only replying now, I realized that you posted a reply on my last post today.

I tried to mound the disk0s4 using the disk utility, but it would not allow us to do so. We also came to the conclusion that it might be better to create a backup of all the data on the Windows drive and do a fresh installation, then restore the neccessary software and data.

Thank you,

Ernst Mielmann
 
Back
Top