Boot Camp VM "No Boot Device Found" when using Wizard

StephenB3

Bit poster
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to create a VM of my Boot Camp instance via the Parallels Boot Camp Wizard. However, once the process is completed and I try to start the VM, it always leads to a Windows booting message that says "No Boot Device Available" (see screenshot)

I tried following the primary guide for this error from the Parallels Support page, but it produces no resolution: http://kb.parallels.com/en/123150
One thing I noticed in the article is that the image file under hardward configuration has a check box next to it. When I try to select the image file from my .pvm, it will not hold a check mark and remains blank. (see screenshot)

Any ideas or suggestions? I can provide more information or screenshots if needed.

Best Regards,
Stephen B
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2016-06-11 15.13.09.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-11 15.13.09.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2016-06-11 15.28.51.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-11 15.28.51.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi StephenB3, we would recommend you to remove your Bootcamp based Windows virtual machine from your Mac completely and then check on your Native Bootcamp if it works, configure your Bootcamp based Windows virtual machine again and reinstalls Parallels Tools.
 
Back
Top