Bootcamp and Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Brianonkauai, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Brianonkauai

Brianonkauai Bit poster

Don't quite understand the relationship between bootcamp and parallels. Therefore, I got myself into a confusing situation. Always had trouble with Windows needing reinstalling so when I got the MacPro, I decided I needed two disks with OZ X installed on both. I also installed parallels on both. The first disk had Windows 7 and the second Windows 8. Parallels was using bootcamp for both. I decided to try just booting to windows soI set that up and it works fine. However, when I try to boot the Win 7 install using the OS X from disk one, it only comes up with the bootcamp but no windows 7. I think my install of Windows only somehow overwrote the Win 7 install. Is there someway to recover the win7 install without messing up the Windows only bottom?

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello Brianonkauai,
    Boot Camp is a feature of Mac OS X that lets you boot your Mac into Windows. If you have already installed Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp, you can set Parallels Desktop to work with Boot Camp, please refer http://kb.parallels.com/112941 for more info.