Bootcamp first, then Parallels = problem

JohnD17

Bit poster
I installed Bootcamp first, then Parallels.
I want Parallels to work with my Bootcamp partition. This is supposedly doable, but it fails for me every time.

Also, if I do get it to work successfully, can anyone explain to me in practical terms how this differs from creating a Windows 10 virtual image?

MacBook Pro 2013 (non retina)
OS X El Capitan
Windows 10 Pro
Parallels 13
 
Hi. Thanks for the help. I just tried again, using your instructions, and I hit a dead end.

I cannot get passes a black-screened window that says:

"Parallels(R) VGA-Compatible BIOS Version 3.0.3###.#####

13.1.1 (43120) DATE
Copyright 1999-2017 Parallels International GmbH
All Rights reserved.

2048 MB physical memory installed

Network bottom is installed.
Trying to boot from SATA drive 1..."


This screen comes after Step 3 in your link above (for me, the "Use Windows from Boot Camp" option WAS available, and is what I clicked).

Thanks!
 
I have the -exact- same issue. Same black-screened window, same message.

MacBook Pro, retina.
High Sierra, Parallels 13, Windows 10.
 
I also have the same exact problem. I tried the csrutil instructions as well as the bootrec instructions and I still have the same problem. I talked to support and they had to escalate. I need to get this running. Its been a few weeks now.
 
Still now working. Getting "No operating system installed on the vm" and I know it works because I can run bootcamp just fine be itself. Running a iMac 27 5k with 3tb fusion drive. I've since switched to VMWare Fusion 10 and my system is running great via bootcamp and vm. Looks like you just lost another customer Parallels support!!
 
Back
Top