Hi all,
Pretty desperate problem here, I have recently upgraded to the newest form of parallels (from 3 to 4) and have come across a bit of a problem with bootcamp.
Before I had bootcamp set up working fine, with parallels using the boot camp partition/setup whenever i used it - I recently upgraded to the newest parallels and it has seemed to 'erase' all knowledge my mac has of my bootcamp setup. However, the data is all still there (parallels still loads the 'old' windows with all files etc intact).
For example, no Bootcamp HD shows on my desktop/in finder (used to be there as 'NO NAME' HD), I cannot restart my mac in windows-mode using system preferences (startup disk), and when I run the bootcamp 'wizard' it has no memory of my old setup, while it does ask me to re-partition my mac HD to get it (stage 1).
Can anyone help me with 're-mapping' the old HD and settings so I can get back bootcamp to full functionality, preferably without having to delete and start again
Many thanks
Adam
Pretty desperate problem here, I have recently upgraded to the newest form of parallels (from 3 to 4) and have come across a bit of a problem with bootcamp.
Before I had bootcamp set up working fine, with parallels using the boot camp partition/setup whenever i used it - I recently upgraded to the newest parallels and it has seemed to 'erase' all knowledge my mac has of my bootcamp setup. However, the data is all still there (parallels still loads the 'old' windows with all files etc intact).
For example, no Bootcamp HD shows on my desktop/in finder (used to be there as 'NO NAME' HD), I cannot restart my mac in windows-mode using system preferences (startup disk), and when I run the bootcamp 'wizard' it has no memory of my old setup, while it does ask me to re-partition my mac HD to get it (stage 1).
Can anyone help me with 're-mapping' the old HD and settings so I can get back bootcamp to full functionality, preferably without having to delete and start again
Many thanks
Adam