Bootcamp VM fails to launch with latest update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Bryan12, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Bryan12

Bryan12 Bit poster

Hi,

I just updated my Parallels to the latest build but have been unable to launch the VM following the update. I get an error /dev/disk0s4 not found or something similar. Then it says to "Open virtual Machine configuration and select an existing bootcamp partition in harddisk 1 setting."

I have attempted to do that, yet I still get the same error. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am able to boot into windows via bootcamp so I know there are no issues with my bootcamp setup. Parallels had no issue booting the bootcamp VM prior to this update, but I'm hesitant to make any drastic changes as I don't really understand all the settings etc.

Thanks Bryan

2. Bryan12

Bryan12 Bit poster

As an update, I removed the boot camp VM, and then uninstalled Parallels. After a re-start I re-installed the latest update and have been trying to recreate the VM based on my bootcamp drive. If I select File New, it doesn't provide me with the option to install via bootcamp. I just get use CD or an image. I created a problem report if that helps.

A problem report with the ID number 7304783 has been sent to Parallels to help us improve the product.