Bootcamp Windows 8.1 Hard disk space runs to zero while it is running

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndrewK4, Jan 6, 2017.

1. AndrewK4

AndrewK4 Bit poster

The hard disk space of my Bootcamp Windows 8.1 keeps running to zero even if I am not creating or downloading anything. I inspect BOOTCAMP (C:) every few minutes and I find that the the space had gone down. I suddenly get a message that the computer has run out of space or a black screen. Once I restart the computer through the Control Centre, the space comes back but then starts to go down again until either I restart the VM again or it goes blank.

I have a MacBoook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2014), 16GB RAM, 500 GB. I am running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3

I Bootcamped Windows 8.1 with 120 GB. I have Kaspersky Internet Security 17.0.0.611(c) installed and no viruses found. I can't tell how much space is left on the Bootcamp VM due to the fractuations.

I cannot find any relevant help in kb.parallels.com and my support period ended Oct 2016.

Can anyone help or advise what to do please.

Thanks

Andrew

2. AndrewK4

AndrewK4 Bit poster

Forgot to mention, I had done some SSD tweaking however I might have missed power cfg /H off or something strange happened to my Win 8.1 SSD tweaks.
    Out of curiosity I thought about revisiting the "tweaks I agree with" and just re-ran them and suddenly I got stable 14 GB free back. Will keep an eye on the situation and report if this was a temporary victory.

As many say after solving their own problems - "I hope this helps someone facing this problem".