Bootcamp

Pencil Eye Pete

Bit poster
Having recenlty moved other to the mac side, I have installed parallels 7 to use a couple of windows based programs for work that have no mac alternative, which I am very happy with. However one program we have to use for work is not working properly and I have been advised to try running through boot camp. My question is now I have installed win 7 for use with parallels do I have to install it again to use with bootcamp?

Thanks in advance for your help ?
 
You have created a Virtual Machine. BootCamp cannot use your VM install, so you will need to install Windows 7 again in BootCamp. The good news is that once your BootCamp is properly set up Parallels 7 CAN use your BootCamp install as a Virtual Machine, so you could delete your current VM and only require a single full install of Windows.
 
Last edited:
BootCamp won't be able to see your VM at all, so (unfortunately) everything will need to be reinstalled. Once installed in BootCamp, you can create a new VM that will be able to use all programs installed in BootCamp.
 
The good news is that once your BootCamp is properly set up Parallels 7 CAN use your BootCamp install as a Virtual Machine, so you could delete your current VM and only require a single full install of Windows.
This is indeed a good news, thanks for sharing this one.
1.gif
 
Back
Top