Bought Parallels 11 Professional, installer requires OSX 10.9, I have 10.8.5, should I get refund?

RickKC

Bit poster
Hi,
There was nothing about changing OSX version requirements in the emails about Parallels 11 Professional, and I can't find anything in the information here. I bought Parallels Professional 11 about 5 minutes after your email came out, and downloaded the installer, only to find it requires OSX 10.9. Before I ask for a refund, I thought I'd ask, does the software require 10.9 or did you just put out an installer that did, in which case can i get one for 10.8.5? I can't immediately upgrade to 10.9+ at this time.

BTW, the latest matrix I can find, at http://kb.parallels.com/en/114381, is silent about Parallels 11 at this time.
 
Hi,
There was nothing about changing OSX version requirements in the emails about Parallels 11 Professional, and I can't find anything in the information here. I bought Parallels Professional 11 about 5 minutes after your email came out, and downloaded the installer, only to find it requires OSX 10.9. Before I ask for a refund, I thought I'd ask, does the software require 10.9 or did you just put out an installer that did, in which case can i get one for 10.8.5? I can't immediately upgrade to 10.9+ at this time.

BTW, the latest matrix I can find, at http://kb.parallels.com/en/114381, is silent about Parallels 11 at this time.

Please also check the information below:

To install and set up Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, you need:

A Mac computer with:
1. An Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better.
Note: Parallels Desktop can only be installed on Intel-based Macs running the 64-bit kernel.
Please see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3770 for more details.
2. At least 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended)
Note: Your Mac must have enough RAM memory to use Mac OS X and its applications plus the memory required for each additional operating system (and its programs) that you want to use simultaneously.
3. At least 850 MB of space available on the boot volume (the volume that has OS X) for Parallels Desktop installation
4. Enough free disk space for each virtual machine and its applications (at least 15 GB for each installation of Windows)
5. OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later, OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 or later To identify your computer's processor, memory, and OS X version, choose
Apple menu > About This Mac
 
Maria, how can I get a refund? I'll definitely come back when it's possible for me to upgrade my Mac past 10.8.
 
Back
Top