Bought Parallels... need help re: Windows

PaulK1

Bit poster
Hi all,

I am about to purchase Windows Student Pro 8.1 from the Microsoft Store but am not sure if I can use the internet download for Parallels? It says that I need the physical disk to run windows via Parallels... is this true? Please advise. If not, will the activation code be sufficient to use once I purchase this from the store?

Many thanks,

Paul
 
Hello Paul,
If you purchase Windows 8.1 from Microsoft Store, you will receive a .exe file to install Windows 8.1, Windows 8/8.1 installation file with an '.exe' extension can only be used to upgrade an existing Windows Virtual Machine. If you are performing a new Windows install, to create a new Windows Virtual Machine, the .exe installation file will not work.
Please follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/121009 to install Windows 8.1 with an .exe file.
 
Back
Top