I installed the trial version of Parallels many months back. But at the time did not think I"d get much use out of it. Last night I decided to purchase it and install. Perhaps this is where I went wrong, as I was informed I already had it installed (trial version). I decided to push ahead with the install anyhow as I figured why not go ahead with what I knew had to be a full version.
After entering my reg key, etc, it looks like it tried to load Windows in a window, but everything went horribly slow. Then it gave some kind of errors and mentioned to contact the admin. After no luck there, I decided to just re-boot into Windows Boot-Camp since that was working fine up to before the install, but seems I run into the same problem there. Windows goes into a recovery mode and then the disk scan says it can not repair the problem.
Looks like I may have bricked the system for good somehow, after not even getting an hour of use out of this purchase. I'm curious if this looks salvagable? It was windows 7 running I believe.
My memory bank looks like:
2 GB 2 GB
Free Free
So, perhaps a total of only 4 gigs was really asking for too much here as well. Maybe I will purchase a 4 GB stick to get 8 total. But even still, not sure if I can salvage the bootcamp now. I do have everything on Time Machine backup, but IIRC these backups do not include bootcamp partitions.
Thanks in advance for any guidance here.
After entering my reg key, etc, it looks like it tried to load Windows in a window, but everything went horribly slow. Then it gave some kind of errors and mentioned to contact the admin. After no luck there, I decided to just re-boot into Windows Boot-Camp since that was working fine up to before the install, but seems I run into the same problem there. Windows goes into a recovery mode and then the disk scan says it can not repair the problem.
Looks like I may have bricked the system for good somehow, after not even getting an hour of use out of this purchase. I'm curious if this looks salvagable? It was windows 7 running I believe.
My memory bank looks like:
2 GB 2 GB
Free Free
So, perhaps a total of only 4 gigs was really asking for too much here as well. Maybe I will purchase a 4 GB stick to get 8 total. But even still, not sure if I can salvage the bootcamp now. I do have everything on Time Machine backup, but IIRC these backups do not include bootcamp partitions.
Thanks in advance for any guidance here.