Can the Host OS (Lion) still access the WiFi (Airport) interface when the Guest OS (Windows XP) is connected to it in a bridged network configuration?
Looking at IPConfig on both machines, I can see that both machines have unique MAC addresses and different IP addresses. However, Guest can access the Internet, and the Host cannot. When I renew the IP address on the Host OS (via Network preferences) Safari can access the Internet briefly, until the Guest re-establishes its network connection. Then nothing.
Some of the documentation and posts suggest that what I'm trying to do is possible, i.e. a single WiFi connection can support two IP addresses in bridged configuration. The WiFi network doesn't require MAC address verification (and the VM and Host have different MAC addresses). The WiFi network does require 802.1X PEAP authentication.
I only have WiFi @ work and the company issue Windows Cisco IP phone software requires the VM to be "visible" on the network; it cannot "hide" behind the Shared network connection.
Appreciate any counsel if you've faced similar situation.
Looking at IPConfig on both machines, I can see that both machines have unique MAC addresses and different IP addresses. However, Guest can access the Internet, and the Host cannot. When I renew the IP address on the Host OS (via Network preferences) Safari can access the Internet briefly, until the Guest re-establishes its network connection. Then nothing.
Some of the documentation and posts suggest that what I'm trying to do is possible, i.e. a single WiFi connection can support two IP addresses in bridged configuration. The WiFi network doesn't require MAC address verification (and the VM and Host have different MAC addresses). The WiFi network does require 802.1X PEAP authentication.
I only have WiFi @ work and the company issue Windows Cisco IP phone software requires the VM to be "visible" on the network; it cannot "hide" behind the Shared network connection.
Appreciate any counsel if you've faced similar situation.