bringing back files with Time Machine

stoker

Junior Member
Gone back to Leopard from Snow Leopard (because of too many incompatibilities with software and hardware). I'd rather not reinstall everything from scratch -- can someone tell me *ALL* the files and folders I have to find in the Time Machine backup to restore my Parallels/Windows to where it was before I started this Snow Leopard experiment? So far I have Windows XP (alias) on the Desktop, Parallels (folder) and Parallels Desktop (app) in the Applications folder, Parallels (folder) in Documents and in Preferences: com.parallels.Parallels Desktop.plist, com.parallels.Parallels.plist and another Parallels folder. If I restore all these will I have my good old Parallels Desktop back with all that I had before, or am I missing something (file, folder or procedure)?
 
seems to have worked out just fine.....though at first every time I opened Parallels Desktop I had to locate the Windows XP. Somehow I got it to recognize it so it just goes there automatically now.
 
Back
Top