Browser plugin interface?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jhr, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jhr

jhr Junior Member

I'm using Safari browser and latest Adobe Flash player. I've noticed a couple of times, that when Flash hangs on browser it causes 99% load to my Windows virtual machine. I forgot to take a screen shot from activity monitor last time, but the Flash player was listed as "not responding" with 50% CPU load and Windows virtual machine had 99% load without any active applications. Closing Safari was enough to recover from this. I've experienced this with both Parallels 9 and 10.

Is there some kind of interface (even obsoleted) in Parallels which allows access to Windows browser plugins from Safari or what could cause this CPU load? Most of all I'm concerned about security. I'm not using Windows machine for browsing and all browsers and plugins on Windows side are ancient and full of bugs and security threats and it would be disastrous if they could be run from any browser under OSX.

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Flash crashing in Mac Safari should have absolutely nothing to do with PD. The only thing I can think of is if you have your VM set to have links you click in Windows open in Mac Safari, but even that shouldn't cause this. Can you consistently reproduce? How about with Mac Chrome?

Steve

3. jhr

jhr Junior Member

Unfortunately Flash does not crash very often. Last time I experienced it in nfl.com but that only happens once in a couple of months. My suspicion is, that Parallels has some kind of forgotten implementation to support NPAPI (Netscape Plugin API), probably left from olden times when many plugins were not supported in MacOs. If I'm right (I hope I'm wrong), it would be major security threat.

I found attached crashlog from console. Hope it helps.

Attached Files: