BSOD on most WIN application installs. Sierra / Parallels 12 / Win 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by VincentP2, Oct 22, 2016.

1. VincentP2

VincentP2 Bit poster

Hello All;

I have been searching for two weeks on this KB and Google for a solution but not finding anything,
    I was able to get Quicken to install but I've tried to install Origin , McaFee , ICloud and most all windows applications get thru most of the install and on the last click to finish I get a BSOD for BSOD unexpected_kernel_ trap

Thanks in Advance
    Vince

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Vince,
    I believe BSOD unexpected_kernel_ trap relates to issues with the cpu, ram or outdated/corrupt drivers. This Knowledgebase article may help you if the issue is with the cpu or ram http://kb.parallels.com/en/112091 Please make sure that your Parallels tools are up to date.

If the issue is not cpu or ram related there could be many other reasons. With this error message there should be the Trap codes these should lead you to the exact cause of the error message. You can look up the codes on Microsoft site I would look them up before I do anything else.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. VincentP2

VincentP2 Bit poster

Hi Kat;
    Thanks. It is a two weeks old iMac 27" with fresh Sierra installed. I purchased Parallels 12 and and fresh Windows 10 license. I applied the changes from the KB reference you sent. So far, no improvement. I pulled a the DMP file and only see one .sys reference for storport.sys - no other .dll or .com references. I am installing a DMP inspector on another WIN system as I cannot get anything to install on this one. I'll try and see what it has to say about the crash once I have it running.
    Thanks
    Vince