I'm running Parallels 3.0 build 5608 with XP as the guest OS.
Everything working great for months but now I've somehow gotten into a situation where every time I try to boot, I get BSOD with message about page fault.
I found existing threads (e.g. http://forum.parallels.com/thread6270.html) ascribing this situation to having shut down the VM in a different screen resolution than it had been booted into. That might be my issue, but the fix given in those threads (boot in safe mode, uninstall Parallel Tools, reset screen res, reboot, reinstall Parallels Tools) does not work for me.
Only way I can get VM to run now, is to launch from a saved snapshot. This works but is tedious.
Any ideas how to get out of BSOD cycle on start up. Should I remove and re-install Parallels?
Thanks!
Everything working great for months but now I've somehow gotten into a situation where every time I try to boot, I get BSOD with message about page fault.
I found existing threads (e.g. http://forum.parallels.com/thread6270.html) ascribing this situation to having shut down the VM in a different screen resolution than it had been booted into. That might be my issue, but the fix given in those threads (boot in safe mode, uninstall Parallel Tools, reset screen res, reboot, reinstall Parallels Tools) does not work for me.
Only way I can get VM to run now, is to launch from a saved snapshot. This works but is tedious.
Any ideas how to get out of BSOD cycle on start up. Should I remove and re-install Parallels?
Thanks!