Liam Shannon
Bit poster
Hello,
I'm trying to run a virtual machine off my boot camp partition. The difficulty is that I am unable to select the option 'use boot camp' under the custom installation wizard. I've tried the kb article but it did nothing.
I've got Parallels 3.0 build 5626 and its running on leopard 10.5.6 and the boot camp partition has windows xp pro sp3.
diskutil list in Terminal comes up with the following:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *232.9 Gi disk0
1: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 202.9 Gi disk0s1
2: Windows_FAT_32 WINDOWS 29.8 Gi disk0s2
/dev/disk2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: Apple_partition_scheme *14.1 Mi disk2
1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 Ki disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS Winclone 14.1 Mi disk2s2
df in Terminal lists the following:
Filesystem 512-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1 425459712 137443992 287503720 33% /
devfs 215 215 0 100% /dev
fdesc 2 2 0 100% /dev
map -hosts 0 0 0 100% /net
map auto_home 0 0 0 100% /home
/dev/disk0s2 62462304 28558784 33903520 46% /Volumes/WINDOWS
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Liam
I'm trying to run a virtual machine off my boot camp partition. The difficulty is that I am unable to select the option 'use boot camp' under the custom installation wizard. I've tried the kb article but it did nothing.
I've got Parallels 3.0 build 5626 and its running on leopard 10.5.6 and the boot camp partition has windows xp pro sp3.
diskutil list in Terminal comes up with the following:
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *232.9 Gi disk0
1: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 202.9 Gi disk0s1
2: Windows_FAT_32 WINDOWS 29.8 Gi disk0s2
/dev/disk2
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: Apple_partition_scheme *14.1 Mi disk2
1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 Ki disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS Winclone 14.1 Mi disk2s2
df in Terminal lists the following:
Filesystem 512-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1 425459712 137443992 287503720 33% /
devfs 215 215 0 100% /dev
fdesc 2 2 0 100% /dev
map -hosts 0 0 0 100% /net
map auto_home 0 0 0 100% /home
/dev/disk0s2 62462304 28558784 33903520 46% /Volumes/WINDOWS
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Liam