Build 6.0.12106

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AngieK, Sep 29, 2011.

1. TomWats

TomWats Member

Should Snow Leopard users avoid this build?

Today is the first I've heard about this build. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and am currently running build 6.0.12094. Like most other 10.6.8 users I know, I have problems with the prl_disp_service process running the CPU up to 99% fairly regularly (see thread http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=96981 for info)

I've been checking for updates regularly in the hopes that the would eventually fix the prl_disp_service problem, but the updater has never found this build. Any ideas why? And since it seems this update was mostly for Lion users, is it an update I should avoid as a Snow Leopard user?

By the way, if any of you are a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 user who doesn't have problems with the prl_disp_service process, please let me know what version of Parallels you're using. Thank you so much!

2. TomWats

TomWats Member

Yes, this build is problematic for 10.6.8 users

So I tried this build out and still had problems with the prl_disp_service. I still don't know why it didn't upgrade to this version automatically, but it doesn't really matter for Snow Leopard users.

A Parallels agent was able to reassure me that Parallels 8 fixes the problem, so I'm running that now with no issues. I just wanted to state that here in case any Snow Leopard users come here for info about this 12106 build.