Buying new lincense: need help

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AirMonk, Jun 29, 2020.

1. AirMonk

AirMonk Bit poster

Hi guys,
    last year I've bought a one-time license for Parallels Desktop 15 but I had to sell my MacBook a few days later so the Parallels guys refund me the license.
    Very great support!
    Now I just bought a new MacBook and I'm back on Mac OS! :)
    Is it possible to upgrade/renew my old license key with the special offer of 25% off?
    If I have to buy a new license code what could be the best option considering that the new Big Sur is comming?
    I'll use Parallels at home for private user and I'd like to pay for a license that will work also in Big Sur... if I go for the one-time payment now what will happens with the new 16 version?

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @Bullone I understand your concern, however, renewing or reactivating a license which was refunded is not possible and thus you will have to purchase a new Full License and considering macOS Beta which is still under testing of its compatibility with Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac, we would recommend you to choose from either of the Subscription licenses from Home or Pro Edition so you can avail free upgrades to the next version release of Parallels Desktop, however, we still do not have any official confirmation of Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac release and its compatibility with macOS Big Sur cannot be commented at the moment.

3. AirMonk

AirMonk Bit poster

Thanks for response!
    Sorry didn't catch:
    - Will Parallels Desktop 15 run on Big Sur or we'll need the new v16?
    - if I go for the 1-Time Purchase license when the Parallels Desktop 16 will be out I'll have to pay for the upgrade?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Parallels Desktop 15 and Big Sur compatibility is not confirmed. If you buy a one-time license now you will not get a free upgrade to the next version.