Buying upgrade now or wait

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by hvdmerwe, Jul 6, 2020.

1. hvdmerwe

hvdmerwe Bit poster

Since PD 16 will be released in a month, will I be able to upgrade for free if I buy PD 15 now, or will I have to pay Again to upgrade in a few weeks?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We do not have any official information regarding the next version release. If you buy an annual subscription, you will get the free upgrade to the next version. If you buy a one-time license, we cannot assure you the same.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. hvdmerwe

hvdmerwe Bit poster

Careful, your competitor's product is not bad enough for greed. It's a lesson that I would've thought Corel of all companies should have learned by now.

If I bought vmware when they released version 11 3 years ago, I would have received all updates for free, including bug fixes and including the latest release, 11.5 and not be chained to a product that looses support like clockwork every year.

4. Parallels is a software company that focuses its resources on creating virtualization software to support both the Mac and Windows communities.
    Since Apple releases new operating systems every year, we have to keep our software up-to-date to be compatible with every new OS X getting released annually.
    This development is very resource-consuming and comes with costs, and unlike Apple (which sells a lot of hardware products and able to afford free-of-charge OS upgrade) it is not feasible for Parallels to offer no charge upgrades to the new versions of Parallels Desktop for every users.
    Thanks for understanding.