I want to install a newer version of Windows, currently running XP on 32bit.
Realise there is no easy way to upgrade from XP to 8.1 and I will lose all the installed programs, settings etc though I REALLY dont want to risk being without a couple of them long term (for work) if I experience issues with the new install - so would like to have ability to run the XP version if I need to until the 8.1 install is working fine with all programs working again as they should.
Im running parallels version 9, intending to upgrade to version 10 - better to do before or after this work?
My desktop is a 2.8 Ghz i5, 12 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3, with Yosemite 10.10.2
Thanks in advance (from someone who struggles with software installs!)
Realise there is no easy way to upgrade from XP to 8.1 and I will lose all the installed programs, settings etc though I REALLY dont want to risk being without a couple of them long term (for work) if I experience issues with the new install - so would like to have ability to run the XP version if I need to until the 8.1 install is working fine with all programs working again as they should.
Im running parallels version 9, intending to upgrade to version 10 - better to do before or after this work?
My desktop is a 2.8 Ghz i5, 12 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3, with Yosemite 10.10.2
Thanks in advance (from someone who struggles with software installs!)