Can I use 2 separate drives to hold different VMs from one instance of Parallels (v12)

TomM7

Bit poster
Hi, Newbie here so sorry if this has been asked before.
I (like many) have a mid-2014 onwards Macbook Pro (Retina 13") with the 128Gb SSD. Far too small, so I now have a bright orange Lacie external SSD to deal with my stuff.

This means my Windows VMs are on the Lacie drive.

I have two VMs under Parallels (v12): one with Windows 10 and masses of stuff, and one with Windows 8.1 that has very little on it. Ideally, I would like the VMs to be on separate drives (the Windows 10 can stay on the external Lacie, but I would like the Windows 8 to be on the MacBook internal SSD).

I cannot see how this can be achieved in Parallels as it only seems to allow one Parallels location (set to the Parallels folder on the Lacie). Is this true or am I missing something?

Many thanks

Tom
 
Hello @TomM7
Please move the windows 8 PVM file to to your internal SSD under documens/Parallels folder and double click on the PVM file to start the Windows 8 virtual machine from internal hard disk.
 
Back
Top